William (Billy) Banks is the principal owner and director of Banks Entertainment, a management consulting and production services company that was formed in 2001. Mr. Banks attended Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan; University of Turin in Turin, Italy; and Shenker Institute of Languages in Turin and Milan, Italy. Mr. Banks has over 30 years’ experience in the music industry as a radio producer/on-air host, tour manager, music business management consultant, concert/tour producer and record producer.
Mr. Banks’ accomplishments in the music industry include:
• Serving as Director of Production and Touring Operations for Jazz at Lincoln Center from 1994-2001.
• Producing recordings for various artists on the following labels: PolyGram/Verve; Sony/Columbia;
• Motown/Mojazz; Impulse; BMG/RCA; Blue Note; Island; Antilles; and Warner/Atlantic.
• Producing a 12-part series on the life of Thelonious Monk in connection with a National Endowment for the Arts radio production grant.
• Producing profiles for radio broadcast on several jazz and blues performers.
• Producing and managing the production of concerts in New York City and throughout the world.